Management & Board
Neo Lithium’s management team is committed to bringing extensive Lithium know-how and proven track record in global exploration opportunities, resource development, business planning and financing capabilities to fulfill the company’s exploration strategy and advancement plans.
Mr. Karayannopoulos is Chairman of the Molycorp Board of Directors. Director of the Canada China Business Council and is a member of the Advisory Board at the University of Toronto’s Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry. A professional engineer, he holds Bachelor and Master of Applied Science degrees in Chemical Engineering from the University of Toronto.
Previously he served as interim President and Chief Executive Officer of Molycorp and President and Chief Executive Officer of Neo Material Technologies. He was Director of Lithium Americas Corp. from 2011 to 2015.
Waldo A. Perez, Ph.D., P. Geo.
PRESIDENT & CEO
Dr. Perez has 28 years of academic and industry experience in mineral exploration in South America.
Founder and technical leader of the Cauchari project acquired through Lithium Americas Corp., and its President and CEO from inception until the end of the technical work resulting in a definitive feasibility study with strong economics.
- Previously he served as interim President and Chief Executive Officer of Latin American Minerals Corp and Senior Geologist for Barrick Gold, IAMGOLD, Opawica Explorations and APEX Geosciences.
- Over 20 years experience in the exploration and mining industry.
- Mr. Pladsen is a director of Northfield Capital Corporation, Crystal Peak Minerals Inc. and KWG Resources Inc.
CARLOS VICENS, MBA
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Over 15 years of experience in financial analysis, corporate development, strategy and investment banking including mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance.
- Mr. Vicens previously worked as Vice President in Scotiabank’s Investment Banking Mining team and participated in over $10B of M&A transactions and well over $5B in equity and debt issuances.
Paul Fornazzari, L.L.B., LLM
- Mr. Fornazzari is currently a partner at the law firm Fasken Martineau LLP and has a broad range of corporate. commercial and securities law experience. He was former Chairman of Lithium Americas Corp. Director and Corporate Secretary.
- Broad experience advising boards. executive teams and investment dealers and acts for domestic and foreign clients in various industries including: mining, petroleum, technology, life sciences and financial services.
Over 22 years’ experience as a Project Executive in the development of mining, gas and large scale infrastructure (rail and port) projects in Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Australia, Canada, West Africa and United Kingdom.
Mr. Pindar joined the ArcelorMittal Group in 2013 as Project Controls Manager for the ArcelorMittal Mining corporate office in London and was appointed GM and Head of Projects in January 2015.
Particular expertise in the area of Fast Tracking projects developed through the Iron Ore boom in Australia.